Sunday 28 February 2010

New month, new discipline

Well, having failed rather badly on my goals for the month, I decided to ease myself through the end of February with a bit of fun poker rather than grinding DoNs, so I had a play with a few microstakes MTTs; some scheduled, some SNG. The scheduled ones were a bit more of a grind, but I managed a couple of cashes. The sheer hard work of surviving the huge field made it a bit less enjoyable. But I had really forgotten how much fun the turbo 180mans are on Stars, and I managed to FT a $2 one of those, which was quite satisfying considering it was only a tiny sample. I'll keep those in mind whenever I need a change of scenery. Other than that I didn't really play much poker for the last few days; I requested a self ban from the 2+2 forums until 1st March to stop myself trolling crap threads, and basically got my diet and sleeping habits back in order.

So, my result for February was as follows

$175 profit from playing
$100 from bonuses earned
$ 25 worth of FPP earned

Total $300 profit

Next month I'm going to be a bit more realistic about goals, so here they are.........

1) Play enough to make 3500 VPP. In non-turbo DoNs that's basically around 50/day, or about 2½ hours work. Basically should be easy to make this if I apply myself. That would get me comfortably past enough VPP to make Gold Star.

That's really about it, my only goal, other than not becoming a spewy tilt-monkey. I think I finally figured it out: if I put in the volume then the money will look after itself. Make the goal something which I can control absolutely: that's volume, it's not profit. Previously I tried to tie goals too much into the financial results, and then got disheartened when they didn't pay off. Now I just want to put in volume at a game I know I'm beating. That volume on its own would release nearly $200 of reload bonuses, and also earn $80 worth of Stellar rewards plus around $75 worth of FPP, so that's $350+ right there. Then on top of that I'm looking for profit from the games I play, maybe including a lucky break in one of the VIP tourneys they run on Saturdays.

Bring on March!

No comments:

Post a Comment