Sunday 14 February 2010

Mini milestones, and not getting lured into promos

So, after much prevarication I passed up on the $40 buyin Micro Million that Stars are doing for their 40 Billion Hands thing. I reckon I'd have an edge, considering most of the field will be morons, and it's a pretty good slow structure too (10,000 chips and 15 minutes blinds), which would really suit me as well, I know how to cope with making deep runs in MTTs because I have the experience, but the variance element of such a huge field would not be nice and it's really too much money to risk even for taking a shot. It only takes one moron to suck out, or one horrible situation. The field currently stands at 40,019 and still nine minutes left for late registration, so prize pool is over $1.6 million. Someone's gonna have a great day today, but it won't be me. Later in the year I'll play some of these type events when my bankroll isn't quite so tight as it is right now. I'll start to budget money to play some of Stars' SCOOP events in May.

So instead I'm going to be grinding DoNs all day today. I already had a nice first session today for another $26 profit, so I'm up $81 in last 2 hours. Utterly meaningless sample, but wouldn't it be nice to maintain that, $40/hr playing $5 DoNs!

Anyway, my first little landmark was hit today during my set, when I made it over the $700 lifetime profit mark for $5 DoNs. I'm actually closing in on $800 profit since I started taking them serious and also since I joined 2+2, but unfortunately I lost nearly $100 in them before I even had a clue what I was doing.

The second landmark, cleared at about the same time, is getting above the $350 profit line for 2010. It's only a little bit, but I'm glad to be heading in the right direction.

But I really need to galvanise myself into action about this volume though, because it's pathetic so far. So today I really am gonna grind my butt off, and look to get about 200 of these under my belt before I go to sleep. Sad thing is, that's only just above the average games required if I am going to hit my volume for this month.

I'm still contemplating fitting in some of the 40man SNGs which Stars are running only during this week's promo. I watched a few final tables on them at the $1.10s and they look so soft it's really ridiculous. As well as the standard payout the winners of them also split an even share of $40k. I have a pretty decent record in the 45 mans and the play will be equally LOLbad. Only downside is it will kill my volume for the month if I do.

Anyway, less blogging, more pokering! Update of numbers will be done later.


And remember, spite calling costs money.

Spite calling costs money
Spite calling costs money
Spite calling costs money
Spite calling costs money
Spite calling costs money
Spite calling costs money
Spite calling costs money
Spite calling costs money
Spite calling costs money
Spite calling costs money

No comments:

Post a Comment