Saturday 13 February 2010

Back to business

Things have really got in the way of me playing and posting for the last few days, but I finally managed to get back on the tables this evening. 60 games so far, and I will play another session when I've posted this. Only problem now is I still can't beat the donks. Pretty sure I'm just continuing to run into bad situations, but I'm already down another $17 so far today.

A couple of useful little bumps for the bankroll have come courtesy of the $40 for 2500 FPP instant cash credit which is on offer in Stars' VIP store as part of its 40 billionth hand promotion, and also $50 from the new year reload bonus which I just cleared in the last set. But so far I'm $21 down for February from actual play, and I'm drifting further and further away from getting on the bottom of the Sharkscope leaderboard for YTD profits from $5 DoNs, which is really annoying me. Top spot has barely moved this month, and is still only just over $1100 profit, but 20th is now $585, which is nearly $300 more than I have so far from these.

Also, I'm not even close to my target for games this month. My goal was to be averaging 100-a-day, so I should be >1200 by now, but in fact I've only played 333, barely more than ¼ of what it should be. If I'm gonna play this Gold VIP tourney in two weeks time I need to hike it up to 171 games every day for the rest of the month. I also need to try and get best value from my VIP stuff by playing the weekly $30k tomorrow for only 100FPP.

This is going to be tough, but I really need to start disciplining myself. Even if I don't hit any of my other goals (profit, regular play/posting and leaderboard) then I'm sure as hell going to hit my volume goal, because that's the one thing I do have control over. It's peanuts really, but playing those games will also release another $30 of Stellar rewards, even if I don't buy them from the store yet. I think I'll save them for a big chunk later in the year when it will really make a difference to my roll to get them. I can't believe that if I hit that volume I will still be down on profit for the month, because if I am then something has seriously gone wrong with my game. If the results continue like this for the net 500 games then I will need to take a massive look at what has changed.


Games 1098
Wins 600
ITM 54.6%
Profit $290
ROI 5.1%

OMG, some of those figures are depressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment