Wednesday 17 February 2010

Wondering if I'll ever not suck at making myself grind...

Well at least today was worth a profit of $45, but I simply don't seem to be able to drive myself to sit down and get the hell on with playing games, and I won't run as good as I did today on a regular enough basis to get by on such paltry volmes.

Also, I somehow managed to make the most retarded play I can ever remember since I started on the path to poker enlightenment with 2+2; I'm going to post the HH so I see it, so I remember it with shame, and so I never, ever, ever do it again.

Villain has made a pot-committing raise, so he wants action, and he is also a reg who I know is definitely ahead of my AJ here. And yet I shoved back over him anyway. WHY????????????? I'm so tilted that I reshoved here, it cost me this tournament and is such an awful mistake.


PokerStars Game #xxxxxxxxxxx: Tournament #xxxxxxxxx, $5.00+$0.20 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2010/02/17 xx:xx:xx WET [2010/02/16 xx:xx:xx ET]
Table 'xxxxxxxxx 1' 10-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Villain (955 in chips)
Seat 3: SB (1150 in chips)
Seat 4: TeamTrousers (1490 in chips)
Seat 6: UTG (4275 in chips)
Seat 7: UTG+1 (1675 in chips)
Seat 9: MP (1805 in chips)
Seat 10: CO (3650 in chips)
Villain: posts the ante 15
SB: posts the ante 15
TeamTrousers: posts the ante 15
UTG: posts the ante 15
UTG+1: posts the ante 15
MP: posts the ante 15
CO: posts the ante 15
SB: posts small blind 75
TeamTrousers: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to TeamTrousers [Jh Ac]
UTG: folds
UTG+1: folds
MP: folds
CO: folds
Villain: raises 300 to 450
SB: folds
TeamTrousers: raises 1025 to 1475 and is all-in
Villain: calls 490 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (535) returned to TeamTrousers
*** FLOP *** [4d 5d Th]
*** TURN *** [4d 5d Th] [4c]
*** RIVER *** [4d 5d Th 4c] [2h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
TeamTrousers: shows [Jh Ac] (a pair of Fours)
Villain: shows [Ah Kd] (a pair of Fours - Ace+King kicker)
Villain collected 2060 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2060 | Rake 0
Board [4d 5d Th 4c 2h]
Seat 1: Villain (button) showed [Ah Kd] and won (2060) with a pair of Fours
Seat 3: SB (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: TeamTrousers (big blind) showed [Jh Ac] and lost with a pair of Fours
Seat 6: UTG folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: UTG+1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: MP folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 10: CO folded before Flop (didn't bet)


Anyway, I've closed some of the gap on the sharkscope leaders again, now back to only a couple hundred dollars behind, and I'm very nearly at $400 profit for the year now, and that's not including bonuses, stellar, FPP etc. Not exactly the stuff of early retirement just yet, but plenty of time for this long journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment