Monday 14 June 2010

Putting in the hours

So, after Tuesday's effort I've really started to put in some decent grinding sessions, 6 hours Thursday, 9¾ hours Friday and a monster 12 hours today, with mixed results.

Thursday was really a bit of a downer, I just couldn't seem to get anything going at all. In 93 tourneys I only managed 8 cashes, and my best result was nothing better than a single, solitary 3rd. I think it was starting to affect my play a little, so that's why I just cut the session short and gave up on the day, finishing the day quite a bit down, with a loss of a little over $86.

Friday was marginally better for results, but far too many of my FTs I couldn't get anything going, and the day ended up being at least as frustrating as Thursday. I only got up a decent run at one of the final tables, and I pretty much steam-rollered everyone to ship it, but other than that, I only managed to ladder my way up to a 3rd in one other tourney as the monster chip leader took on and eliminated all comers. Pretty much all the rest were me getting through to the last 9 with basically no stack and never once finding a decent hand, nor getting a bit of luck with a showdown, so I had 11 mincashes and another 10 finishes from 4th to 9th. So, a grand total of 23 cashes in 151 games, and I scraped a profit of about $23 for the day.

Saturday was our first World Cup match, against the Yanks, and we made a complete pig's ear of that, playing abysmal football in a 1-1 draw. Thankfully the USA were even more mediocre than we were, otherwise we'd have lost. Still, went to Tim and Tina's and had a great BBQ and watched the game, so that was good fun.

And then today's session. Started around 2.45pm and finished around 2.45 am, I managed to get in 206 games, with 34 cashes.But hugely disappointing again, this time a massive 21 of those 34 were mincashes. But of the 13 where I made the final table, I went on to 5th or better in 11 of them, so that was nice, but I really wish I'd made a few more FTs today, it could have been a big score. So, one win, two 2nds, two 3rds, two 4ths and four 5ths was where most of today's prize money came from, though I was totally robbed in both the games where I finished runner-up, continually outplaying both opponents only for them to hit the most improbable cards to survive, before finally losing one too many in each game. But if I can do whatever I need to make sure I get this deep more often then I'm sure the results will take another leap forward and I'll get my fair share of wins. I'm sure there must be some huge basic error I'm making which is stopping me from going deeper more often. Overall profit for the day was $138.

Story so far...


Played---------1017
ITM--------------141
FTs---------------67
Wins---------------9
Profit------ $538.92
ROI-------------24%


I need about another 1900 VPP this month to maintain Gold, which is around another 1700 games, and I have about 17 days to do it, minus the days where I have other plans. Should be manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment