Wednesday 9 June 2010

A proper day's work

Today, for the first time, I finally sat down and put in a full block of 8 hours of play. I've alluded to it before often enough, but particularly when I was playing DoNs I'd never really actually done it, or truly wanted to. But here in MTTs there is no game selection to worry about, I just load up and play what's in front of me. I realise now how much stress and added difficulty there was in DoNs, simply in trying to avoid the block registrations of other good players when half a dozen of them would all end up in the same game. It was stress that I didn't really need.

I nearly got to my "whole day" goal a couple of times in the last week, with a combined total of 12 hours on Saturday and Sunday, but otherwise the only times I had put in big hours on a single day was when I was at the deadline of a deposit bonus and trying to clear it before it expired. I now want to start doing this on a daily basis, as if it were any other normal job.

Today I played in 131 games, managing 17 cashes, 10 of which were FTs, one of which I converted into a win, and another I finished 2nd when my AA were cracked after getting it in all in preflop. But over all I finished the day up $113, saved by the last two games to finish, which were a 3rd and a 4th.

Which means that the story so far is as follows...

Played----------567
ITM---------------76
FTs---------------38
Wins---------------7
Profit------ $462.96
ROI-------------37%


So far this month I have 613 VPP, meaning I basically need to average 100 games per day between now and the end of the month to maintain my Gold status. That's going to be a tough challenge, but I'm going to try and do it. I also only need another 1100 VPP for my next $50 of Stellar reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment