Thursday 3 June 2010

180 mans FTW!

So, I think I've decided on playing some MTTs this month. Played a couple more blocks of the 2/180s yesterday, and another block today. Shipped another couple of them, to add to Monday night's success, and FT'd another 9. Making money was nice, but more important was having fun while doing so. Another appealing thing is the synchronised breaks, five minutes to stretch legs or whatever as play is suspended on all tables.

As I don't yet have any kind of meaningful sample size, it would be totally random for me to guess at a realistic ROI; at the moment I'm running around 53%, but hopefully that will go up. The best players in these are allegedly around 100%, so that's something to aim for. I will just try to grind out games in blocks of about 30 or 40 , with each block taking around 2-3 hours to complete. Playing 2-3 blocks per day would give me nearing 1k games in less than a couple of weeks time, and from then I can start to draw some semi-reasonable conclusions about my EV in the game. I'll start off loading 15 games at a time, and as I get more comfortable, and more familiar with the structure, I might start to bump it up a little, but cut back on regging for new ones as I bust out if a couple of tourneys start to show promise and I need to focus on them a little more.

Obviously the plan would be to migrate up to the 12/180s later, because the 7.70s hardly ever run, whch is a shame. But that would still be quite a way into the future right now. I have no desire to play the 4/180 non-turbos either, so it would be a big jump up. I hated the slow DoNs, so I don't suppose the slow 180s will be any more appealing, I'd probably just blind away or wind up shoving into AA. Plus, FT-ing a couple of slow ones might mean at least a 5 hour session instead of just 3 hours, and the VPP/hour would be awful as well. I'd probably struggle to even make Gold playing them because they take so much longer to load as well as to play.

Anyway, I now have a vague plan for June, which is better than I had 48 hours ago.

2/180 summary

Played-----------145
ITM--------------14
FTs---------------12
Wins--------------3
Profit------ $169.40
ROI-------------53%

Nice that I have more wins than min-cashes right now :-)


The other good news is that I finally got my Xbox controller for Windows and I set it up tooday with Xpadder to use it through TableNinja to play the games. It's a lot more comfortable to be able to lean back in a comfortable chair for long periods of time while playing, so this should be good for the future and make it easier to grind. I set up a layout which is nice and simple, and hopefully fairly intuitive. It has all the buttons I need to multitable, so now all I have to do is just have to get used to knowing instinctively which button is where so I can increase my speed with it. At the moment I still have to consciously think which button does what, which is taking away from the actual poker decisions, but all I need is practice. Only had one misclick that I remember.

June looks like being much more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment