Wednesday 13 October 2010

Sickest ever day at 180s

Gonna keep this short and sweet.

Friday evening was pretty decent cos I skipped on the poker entirely that day and went out for a meal after a last minute invite from a friend I hadn't seen in far too long, and I enjoyed a delicious duck curry in a Thai restaurant in Witham, followed by a couple of beers in a pub which was surprisingly quiet for a Friday night.

And then came Saturday........... far more epic than I could possibly have imagined, and obviously the result of good karma for restarting my blogging a couple of days before :-)

Basically I just couldn't miss. I played just 18 of the 12/180s on Stars, but I spent the whole day on an absolutely insane 830% ROI heater, profiting to the tune of 1,580 dollars plus change. In just four short hours I shipped one of them, and I also got two 2nds, a third and a 5th, along with two min-cashes. After reviewing the games I could even say I was disappointed with the way I played and lost one of the HU matches, which I should have won against a poor player, perhaps costing myself another 200 dollars, but perhaps that would be greedy. And I even ran decent in the 2s I was loading at the same time to fill spaces, also managing a 2nd there, although that was a more modest 30 dollar profit. But it all added up to a profit of over sixteen hundred dollars on the day. Just wow!!!

So, that meant a big leap in my OPR, which is now up to 99.61% and a ranking of 3,937. If I put in a big effort I'm not that far away from a 9* rating, and if I push hard for the rest of the month, perhaps with a bit of rungood in a couple of scheduled tourneys, I can make a real run at the TLB for October to try and get in the top 200 and win myself one of the monthly cash prizes. Even a top 1,000 finish gets me into the 20k freeroll they do, so I definitely will be looking to make that. Currently ranked 462, but still hardly played this month. Volume was down on Saturday mainly because I stopped regging so early after making all those FTs and wanting to focus on them, but frankly I'd rather bink the massive amounts of cash instead of grinding VPP.

If I can run half decent for the rest of this month to make up for the awful luck I had last month then this will easily end up as my biggest ever month. Gogogogo.

No comments:

Post a Comment